Saturday, May 13, 2017

Words From The Attic... Riches To Rags To Riches











Very silly... but lovable!


The whole money verses love thing
is another theme that's always a winner.
This one moves along very smoothly.
Last verse is a bit weak though.
But I enjoyed it a lot!





Riches To Rags To Riches

So you think
You've got it made
You've got it made
You think
Happiness that's dollar sent
Is as phony
As your spotted mink


Brand new car
With silver lining
Color TV inside
Supersonic radio
Receives it all
Nationwide


Great big house
With lot's of lawn
Trees
And a bandstand too
Paying money
To working pawns
To keep your keep
Looking new


Life is grand
Well isn't it friend
All you want
I can buy
Just say you need
And I will send


You need what
My love you say
Can I buy it
Does it cost
Where can I get it
I'm willing to pay


A fool and his money
Lost his love
For a dollar sign
Bank account
Is looking sunny
But all his love
Is wasted time


A soft sincere
Loving smile
Can do more
Then paper or coin
Believing love
Even for a little while
Is easy to do
Go ahead
And join


I told you guy
She'll see you for yourself
Put away your wallet
Your silver sky
And be at her house
At quarter 'til twelve






Riches To Rags To Riches





No comments:

Post a Comment