Sunday, April 30, 2017

Words From The Attic... Worth It











Another ode to Margaret
while I was in boot camp!


You remember,
the girl I was with right before
I shipped out for boot.


Bottom line...
She was a very very cool chick
and me
well
I was a total... dick!


So funny how something that
happened so long ago remains in your mind.


Anyways...
I really like this one.





Worth It

A soft little girl
And she's just for me
And a love that is there
And just waiting to be


I'm writing this poem
To make you smile
To keep you warm
For a little while


Our love that we have
Is a Christmas dream
It's true
It's strong
Like a winning team


I thank you my love
For your understanding
You're always giving
And never demanding


Margaret my dear
It's Christmas time
A time for giving
And a time for rhyme


So smile my love
And enjoy what you do
And remember my love
That I love you





Worth It






No comments:

Post a Comment