Saturday, April 15, 2017

Words From The Attic... Stop & Go











A love story... I think?


Or just a man on the run,
forever looking for an answer that...
he may never find.


Almost reads like a movie or something.
Enjoyed it a lot.
Don't know if there's any...
me...
inside of it,
but it reads really well.





Stop & Go

Feeling alone
In the bright summer sun
Feeling alone
I'm a man on the run


Taking my time
Just cruising around
Try to unwind
I'm feeling upside down


I am the one
In the summer sun
I am the one
The man on the run


Looking for a dream
Wrapped up in a cloud
It's got a silver lining
And it's soft and round


Been looking for you now
For quit some time
Heard many a clock
Ring a midnight chime


But then you
A cute little girl
With eyes of blue
Said hello
How do you do
And lite a fuse inside of me
I can't put out


But still I find
I'm on the run
Looking back at you
Over my shoulder
Wondering how
I'll feel
Away from you
When the nights are both
Longer and colder


Sometimes
I feel that I have to stop
Turn around
And go back for you
But who I am
I can not just drop
I need to know
Who will be true


So far away
I guess it's time
That separates us
From being together
But watch the sands
Of time
Turn to dust
And let us free
To be forever


Everyone needs a part of the sun
I wonder if you're my part






Stop & Go






No comments:

Post a Comment