Saturday, April 15, 2017

Words From The Attic... Under The Stars











Trying to expand and rid myself
of those growing pains I talked of earlier
that riddle most of my boot camp verse.


I think I grew out of a few of those pains
with this selection.
Although I certainly must
work on my fucking vocabulary.


If I read the word "and" one more time...
I just may burn everything
I've ever written... LoL


Has a good feel to it overall though...
and I give it 3 stars out of
a possible 5. Not too bad!





Under The Stars

The cities sleep
While the wilderness plays
As a snowbird nestles
In a cozy warm nest
The animals of the forest
They count the days


As midnight strikes
With the moon so high
And the clouds open up
Letting out some snow
It's white
And bright
And it covers the sky


While the light of the moon
Reflects a sign
There are 2 lovers
Beneath the stars
Making love
In a whispering voice
And sipping
A little wine


As they open their eyes
And the secrets revealed
And they touch each other
So soft and pure
They know for sure
That their love
Is sealed


Beneath the warmth
Of a winter night
These people found love
As pure as can be
With the stars above
Supporting the light


Now the dreams of love
So beautiful
Have captured this pair
In a wonderful way
And the dreams I have
Are all of you
And I dream of you
Just every day





Under The Stars








No comments:

Post a Comment