Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Elton John... I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues... A Perfect Lyric












A Perfect Lyric



" Wait on me girl
cry in the night... if it helps

But more than ever...

I simply love you...
more than I love...
life... itself "


When I finally figured out
just what the heck Elton was saying
here with this line...
I welled up like a muthafuckin' baby... LoL


And no...
it wasn't the whole divorce,
sick of dating thing either.
It was just a much bigger picture type thing!


I was stopped dead in my tracks
and was completely overtaken
by an tsunami of emotion!


I'll never forget it!


So simple a thought.
Until you realize that you don't have...
that feeling inside of you!


Holy crap...

what an amazing observation!


And... what an amazing thought!



It's a thought that I've kind of lost track of...

which is of course...
the thought of once again
having that feeling
filling me up
giving me the strength
of a thousand men!!


But does that feeling...
that "you"...
have to be about...

a person ??
a god ??
a philosophy ??


I wonder if we can make that "you"...
mean absolutely ANYTHING
we damn well want it to mean ??



Wow... too neat!



Too Low For Zero
Elton John Too Low For Zero 1983




I Guess That's Why
They Call It The Blues
(Song with Official video included)




Lik'em or not...

you just have to admit
that he's one talented muthafucka
with a tremendous resiliency.
I've been hearing his voice
coming through my speakers,
crooning creative tunes,
ever since I was a kid!!




Elton John & Bernie Taupin 1970
Elton John... he's just too cool!!
Elton John... he's just too cool!!
Elton John... he's just too cool!!
Elton John... he's just too cool!!






No comments:

Post a Comment