Monday, August 31, 2026

Your first thought... when you hear... this song?









Song of the Moment



We ALL have such great memories
connected to certain songs... right?!

I posted another entry here awhile back
about this song connection thing called

But I wanted to give you guys a chance to
share YOUR fucking amazing
memories AND connections!!

These songs that we've been listening to
over the years make up our lifeline...
our time here upon this earth!
Most memories are SO much fun and uplifting...
but I also have connections that
that are much more deeper
and yes... much more darker...
as we all do!
But that connection...
man... it means SO fuckin' much to me...
just as yours do... to you!!!!

So start sharing your thoughts and memories
of your own incredible "life" moments!!

We wanna read about that shit...
because our connections are going to be
all different from one person to another
about the very same song!!

How cool is that!

I'm gonna start us off
with a few of my own...
and if any of you out there
would like to share "your"
amazing connections...
just email me the song name and story
and I'll post it here.
Or just post your memory
down at the bottom
in the comment section!

Cheers muthafucka's!!




I'll get us going... with this simple gem.
Just think of the movie Wayne's World
while reading... but with a different song.
I think they stole that scene from us LoL




For me...
ANYTHING from
Pink Floyd's perfection...
slaps a huge smile
on my fucking face
because of this moment!!
Pink Floyd... THE WALL... 1979


But... for me...
my first very thought
whenever I hear this song
from this incredible album
is this...

... after I graduated High School in June of 1979
from Port Richmond HS on Staten Island, NY.
Floyd released THE WALL on November 30, 1979.

My friend's and I were 17 / 18 years old...
fresh outta school and had the world...
in the palm of our muthafucking hands!!

The classic memory for me happened
shortly after the album was released.
I had about 8 of my friends packed into
my very first car...
a 1970 Pontiac Tempest...
also known as the doors mobile!
Pretty fuckin' cool right!
I did it all freehand!
That's me... tommy mondello standing next to the most awesome car on Staten Island.
My doors mobile! Always packed with friends and beers!!

We were driving up Forest Ave...
when all of the sudden...
came on the radio!

We just all freaked out
and sang every fucking word of that song
start to finish!

And not one drop of beer was spilt LoL

We were just on top of the world
at that moment in our lives...
just as everyone of you guys were!
What a fuckin' age huh!?!

And that one moment just knocks me out
still to this day whenever I hear
Comfortably Numb!
Actually... ANY of the songs from that album
brings me right back to that amazing moment
in time...
fresh outta school...
not a worry in the world...
in that car with my friends...
singing at the top of our lungs...
holding that steering wheel with one hand...
and a Budweiser in the other!
Fucking... PERFECT!!!

And yes...
society was WAY different back then guys!
Too fuckin' good!
And yes you missed it!

This one silly memory...
this one ridiculous moment in time...
always makes me feel like that
17 year old kid surrounded by his friend's!

Just because of one song...
I will remain a 17 year old...
for the rest of my life...
in mind... body... AND heart... because...

"I have become..."




So how about you???
Any amazing connections???








No comments:

Post a Comment